Northeast Minneapolis is known for its vibrant arts scene, diverse shops and restaurants, and unique craft breweries. Popular with residents and visitors alike, there’s plenty for you to do and see in this energetic Twin Cities neighborhood.
And—this unique urban environment is the perfect destination to wear some of Storm Creek’s trendy new-for-2024 apparel! We’ll give you suggestions along the way.
The Northeast Minneapolis Arts District
The Arts District in Northeast (also known as “Nordeast”) includes several art galleries and studios with all kinds of media and styles. You’ll find paintings, sculptures, photography, fabric arts and textiles from artists both local and regional. One of the District’s strengths and attractions is how it welcomes both established and new contributors.
The area is noted for its large historical industrial buildings, some of which have been repurposed to house independent art businesses. A couple of examples of this are the Northrup King Building and the Solar Arts Building.
These businesses foster interaction with the community in several ways:
- Many of them offer regular art workshops, events and activities that are open to the public.
- They offer exhibitions that display the wide diversity of the artists and their cultures.
- Sponsoring annual events like Art-A-Whirl, the largest “open studio” tour in America. This popular free event, always during the third weekend of May, draws tens of thousands of visitors.
You can learn more about Northeast’s Arts District on their website, including a map of the neighborhoods with car, bus and bike routes.
What to Wear?
Storm Creek’s Artisan Shirt Jacket is your go-to urban style for this artsy environment. This already-popular jacket for men and women:
- Comes in rich hues like Olive Drab, Black and Fatigue Green
- Has enough insulation to keep you toasty outside but not too warm inside.
- Is windproof and water-resistant to keep the elements out
- Has generous side pockets and a snapped chest pocket
- Is seriously eco-friendly, using from 19-21 upcycled plastic bottles in each jacket
- Is amazingly versatile—wear it with anything in your closet
The Women's Aviator Bomber Jacket and Men's Artisan Shirt Jacket.
Northeast’s Fun Variety of Shops & Boutiques
Spread among the neighborhood are a wide variety of shops and boutiques that offer an eclectic mix of goods for shoppers.
Do you love vintage furniture, home decor or clothing? Check out FindFurnish (for new and used home items of all kinds, both old and modern) or Rewind Minneapolis (one-of-a-kind vintage and contemporary apparel plus jewelry and more) or Hunt & Gather (especially known for their quirky and charming items).
Several of the shops in Northeast offer locally handmade crafts, jewelry, and art you won’t find anywhere else. There’s even Mitrebox Framing Studio in the neighborhood where you can have your new piece of artwork custom framed.
What to Wear?
What could be better for running in and out of fun shops than our ultra-cozy Summit Jacket? It’s like wearing a cloud! This sherpa-lined modern take on a classic fleece jacket is made of 100% recycled polyester—as eco-friendly as it is comfy.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- It’s SOOOO comfortable!
- You can layer it or wear it alone
- The women’s model has a hood. Both have generous side pockets for your hands, keys and other small items.
- It’s available in gorgeous colors like Deep Purple, Sagebrush Green, Navy, Black, Olive Drab and Smokey Blue
- Each jacket uses from 37-40 upcycled plastic bottles—sustainability at its best.
The Men's and Women's Summit Jacket.
Local Craft Breweries and Restaurants
You definitely won’t go hungry or thirsty in Northeast Minneapolis! There’s a huge variety of independent restaurants, cafes, and breweries throughout the neighborhood.
Do you love a good local brewery? There are several to choose from in Northeast like Indeed Brewing Company, Fair State Brewing Cooperative and Bauhaus Brew Labs. Most partner with food trucks to offer their customers food along with their brews. Sociable Cider Werks even has an ice rink for fun winter events like a curling league and open skate nights. What could be more Minnesotan?
Not surprisingly in an urban area like Northeast, your culinary choices are wide-ranging. You’ll find restaurants with comfort foods like wood-fired pizzas and sandwiches or international cuisine like Southeast Asian, Nepalese, Indian, Caribbean and Eastern European.
What to Wear?
For a great brew or meal on the town, we recommend you wear our Aviator Bomber Jacket. We updated the classic bomber jacket of yesteryear with a look that’ll fit right in here in Northeast Minneapolis.
You’ll love its easy-going and versatile vibe along with features like:
- Lightweight insulation for warmth to and from your car or the bus
- Stretch rib collar, cuffs and bottom band for extra comfort
- Generous side pockets plus an inside pocket that zips securely
You’ll look great in this jacket and will feel good knowing all the materials are certified sustainably made. Each jacket uses up to 18 upcycled plastic bottles.
The Women's Aviator Jacket.
As you can see, enough is going on in Northeast Minneapolis to draw you back again and again. Storm Creek is with you every time with our eco-friendly and trendy outerwear for a fun day or evening out.